1. Holdridge, Jason M., Shankar, Venky N. and Ulfarsson, Gudmundur F. The crash
severity impacts of fixed roadside objects . 2005.
2. Pfefer, R. and Slack, K. NCHRP Report 500 Volume 8: A Guide for Reducing Collisions
Involving Utility Poles. Washington D.C. : TRB, National Research Board, 2004.
3. Fatality Analysis Reporting System Encyclopedia. FARS Fatality Analysis Reporting System .
[Online] United States Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration, National Center for Statistics and Analysis, 1975. [Cited: April 13, 2008.]
4. Safer roadsides through better utility pole placement, protection, construction. Ivey, D. and
5. Ray, M.H., Weir, J. and Hopp, J. NCHRP Report 490: In Service Performance of Traffic
Barriers. Washington D.C. : TRB, National Research Board, 2003.
6. Ross Jr, H.E., Sicking, D.L. and Zimmer, R.A. National Cooperative Highway Research
Program Report 350: Recommended Procedures for the Safety Performance Evaluation of
Highway Features. Washington D.C. : Transportation Research Board, National Research
7. Officials, American Associates of State Highway and Transportation. Roadside Design
Guide. 3rd Edition. Washington D.C. : AASHTO, 2006. pp. 4-1 - 4-15.
8. Good, M.C. and Joubert, P.N. A review of roadside objects in relation to road safety. s.l. :
Austrailian Government Publishing Service, 1973. Report No. NR/12.
9. Wentworth, J.A. Motor vehicle accidents involving utility pole: summary of data availability.
s.l. : Offices of Research and Development, Federal Highway Administration, 1973.
10. Single-vehicle accident involving utility poles. Graf, N.L., Boos, J.V. and Wentworth, J.A.
1, s.l. : Public Roads, 1975, Vol. 39.
11. Fox, J.C., Good, M.C. and Joubert, P.N. Collisions with Utility Poles. 1979.
12. Mak, King K. and Mason Ph.D., Robert L. Accident Analysis - Breakaway and
NonBreakaway Poles Including Sign and Light Standards along Highways volume II - Technical
13. Ivey, D. and Zegeer, C. TRB State of the Art Report 9 Utilities and Roadside Safety:
Strategies. Washington, D.C. : National Research Council, 2004.